Internet connection unstable when connecting with android mobile phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 13:01:44
Tags: #internet stability
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20211219 Rel. 67401 (EU)

Dear all,

I have installed WiFi router Archer C1200, which works as expected except for 1 android mobile phone. The beauvoir is quite strange, if you could help me debbug it, that'd be really great.

The ISP router is in bridge mode, and the TP Link router uses PPPoE connection for the internet.

The mobile phone connected to the router periodically loses internet every few min for about 30s. But the phone is still connected to the WiFi (WiFi symbol with ! sign). I can also ping the local IP address of the phone while it can't connect to the internet. This is not a WiFi signal strength issue.

The same thing happens both in 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.

While the internet is down for the mobile phone, other devices (laptop, other phones) can access the internet. So this is not an overall internet connectivity issue.

If I type in directly the IP address of a website (in the phone), it still can't load it, this is not a DNS issue.

The mobile phone worked fine when the original ISP router was used for WiFi, this is probably not a phone issue.

If I switch off/on the WiFi on the phone while the internet is down, it is fixed (until the next lagg).

I've tried rebooting the phone several times, I've reset all WiFi settings on the phone, still no improvement.

I've tried switching off IPv6 on the router, but that didn't help.

Can you give me any advice? What further checks I might do? The router or the phone has a problem, how can I decide?

Thanks for the help!

I did a network stability test you can see the results below (scroll down to the figures, it speaks for itself).

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet connection unstable when connecting with android mobile phone
2022-09-29 23:30:30
Hello! I have same problem with using Archer AX73 (access point mode) with Mikrotik HeX S — my realme 6 Pro shows under Wi-Fi button text «Without Internet» and reconnect to same network after some time. This problem may occur several times a day, or maybe only 1 time. Then I check my IP-address when «Without Internet» text is appear on whatismyipaddress (dot) com, I see that IPv4 not found, but IPv6 is shown. When reconnect to Wi-Fi or restart router IPv4 is back, however, over time the problem returns. When I use Archer AX73 in router mode I didn't have such problem. And I didn't have same problem in access point in another device's (Xiaomi Pad 5, ASUS ROG Strix G15). This problem appears in a strange way. Please help me to solve it.
Options
Re:Internet connection unstable when connecting with android mobile phone
2022-10-03 07:13:55

It seems the problem was with the phone. There was an android update about the same time when I installed the TP Link router, which somehow turned on the setting to search for Hotspot 2.0 networks on the phone. When I switched off this setting and rebooted the phone, after that it works fine...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 2

Tags

internet stability
Related Articles