How can I disable Deco M9Plus DHCP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-05 06:18:20 - last edited 2022-10-08 11:09:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

Hi, my client has installed this system in his home, it works but unfortunately it start giving its IP domain addresses 192.168.68.x to all LAN too, where there is the main router/internet Gateway with DHCP and other LAN wired devices. To make you understand better I draw a simple scheme:

Frankly I'm surprised, I've never seen a router which start giving its DHCP addresses on a LAN where there is already another DCHP, I understand you need to discover other APs and give them a known address but in this way it's weird, you better use etehernet frames and your own protocol for this, or use the already present DHCP
 and discover/communicate with your APs by those addresses.
There are different reasons why I can't accept to have 2 DHCP present int he same LAN:

1) I can have half devices (on wifi and LAN) wit different IP domains and they want communicate each other, eventually. There is no sense to have 2 DHCP on the same ethernet broadcast
2) I specifically need to access intercom and videosurveillance from WiFi, and do it simply without specify the 192.168.0.x IP numbers, it there is only the main gateway's DHCP present there won't be this problem, the applications through broadcas they can simply found that.
3) I need to reduce the DHCP and reserve some addess for static assegnation, I should control DHCP, even if I disable 192.168.0 DHCP and use only addresses .68x I'm not abe to configure the TP-link DHCP and I have difficulties.

I don't understand why you don't let an advanced user be able to disable DHCP and assign a static IP for all your WiFi AP, it should be possible for an installer to configure devices!

I hope there is a way, maybe by telnet/SSH or command line? I really don't know how to solve this issue. Please help me, thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How can I disable Deco M9Plus DHCP?-Solution
2022-10-05 11:49:09 - last edited 2022-10-08 11:09:59

@GiovanniG11 

Having in mind your topology, you can set Deco M9+ in AP mode - this should solve your issue - here's the configuration gide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How can I disable Deco M9Plus DHCP?-Solution
2022-10-05 11:49:09 - last edited 2022-10-08 11:09:59

@GiovanniG11 

Having in mind your topology, you can set Deco M9+ in AP mode - this should solve your issue - here's the configuration gide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How can I disable Deco M9Plus DHCP?
2022-10-05 14:05:17
Thank you for precious suggestion, I haven't paid enough attention on the app setting options, I've just checked the web interface. As soon I can I'll have a try, should I then reset ad join again all the slave WiFi points to have mesh system? Thanks
Options
Re:How can I disable Deco M9Plus DHCP?
2022-10-05 16:09:33 - last edited 2022-10-05 16:12:51

@GiovanniG11 

Use the app to configure the Deco. Just follow the steps in the guide I posted to switch the Deco in AP mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 3

Related Articles