TP-Link Deco XE75(1-Pack) - What is the use case for a single unit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-08 18:03:53
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have two ISPs at my home, one is a leased line (10mbps) and another is shared 100 mbps (which is not reliable)

Ideally, I want to create two mesh clusters (1+1 each)

I want to also understand the use case for this single unit or standalone router

thanks

-Vikrant

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco XE75(1-Pack) - What is the use case for a single unit?
2022-10-09 05:55:28

@vikrantl 

Hi, Deco XE75 does not support multi-wan connections if it is what you want to know.

the best idea would be a have a router that is capable of dual WAN connections and set up the shared line as the main connection and leased line as the backup.

Then connect Deco XE75 behind this dual WAN router.

I checked TP-link routers if you still want to stay on TP-Link, this link would help and It also lists the supported models:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2133

Thanks.

Options
2022-10-09 07:58:54

@Heidi_Alp 

I also wanted to know the use case for single node or single pack XE75. Can i later purchase another XE75 and pair both? Would each XE75 have a in wan link and can each XE75 be paired with another XE75?

For example Netgear orbi has one master where I can connect wan-in and i can't connect a wan-in to other secondary units of the orbi.

Thank you

-Vikrant

Options
2022-10-09 09:08:30

@vikrantl 

Hi, in the 1,2, or 3-pack Deco XE75, each node is the same and could be configured as Wan-In.

Sometimes, if you bought a 2-pack Deco XE75 the first time, then you need more WiFi coverage and you can buy one more XE75 individually or any other Deco model. They are all compatible:https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2248/

Options