AX5400 + Raspberry PI via LAN with reserved IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 13:53:05
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20220520 rel.75663(4555)

Good Afternoon,

I've replaced Vodafone Gigabox router with Archer AX72 and trying to setup the connection for my Raspberry PI 3 via LAN with reserved IP.

Referenced: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/618/  

ISP  requirements are as follow :

1. Internet Connection Type: PPOE 

2. Username and Password

3. Vlan TAG set to 10 for your PPOE connection (should be applied to WAN)

The Issue ive noticed is that i do not see RPI in the device list when trying to Reserve IP addresses

i can see it connected to LAN 4 but why its not in the list ?

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX5400 + Raspberry PI via LAN with reserved IP
2022-10-09 16:30:50
Added: it looks like there is no option to view what is connected to LAN ports and also no way to check if the vlan was tagged to LAN port or not ....
Options
Re:AX5400 + Raspberry PI via LAN with reserved IP
2022-10-09 19:44:10
spent a day trying to figure out why i can not see the device connected to LAN ports. Logged back in to RPI and checked notwork config. Found out that i do not have an IP assigned to it although the device LAN4 icon was showing that the connection is present. Did reset to interfaces on RPI and did ping test for the first time successfully. THe LAN PORT detailed TAB would save me a day of time trying to figure out what is the issue but the tab is not present. Ive bought this router to have more control of possible configurations but in fairness you get very little. sad.....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 137

Replies: 2

Related Articles