M7450 pocket wifi doesn't appear on any wifi list on my devices.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 03:43:48 - last edited 2022-10-14 05:41:33
Model: M7450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 180720 Rel.1045n

Please help! My M7450 used to appear on my wifi list to all of my devices, but after sometime of not using it. The pocket wifi's name doesn't appear on any of my devices even resetting the unit several times. I managed to connect  the unit to my Pc and had internet accessed from the unit via tplinkmifi, yet all my phones, tablets and pc (via wifi) still can't detect my m7450.
Here are the details of my unit:

M7450 EU Ver 1.0

S/N 2188633001152

Methods that I've tried.

1. Resetting the unit.
  2. Changing sim / removing the sim
  3. i tried to manually input the SSID and Pw on my devices yet it still doesn't work.
  4. I tried deleting the network info on my M7450 and M7350 and yet it still doesn't detect the M7450 

any work around for this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:M7450 pocket wifi doesn't appear on any wifi list on my devices.
2022-10-14 07:16:27

@SuperIdol 

Hi, may I know if you connect the PC to M7450 via USB cable? If so, after you login the web interface via tplinkmifi.net on that PC, please check the wireless network settings to make sure wireless is enabled and SSID is not hidden, also try to change the WiFi channel from Auto to static one such as channel 1, 6 or 11 etc..

In addition, on the screen of the M7450, are you able to see a WiFi icon? please share with us the picture of the screen along with screenshots of the wireless settings on the web interface.

Options
2022-10-14 10:31:53

Hello @Sunshine thank you for the reply! Here is my screenshot.  I somehow have an internet access with my m7450 connected to the pc via usb cable.
The screenshot is taken from my pc, accessed via tplinkmifi with my m7450connected to my pc via usb cable. I tried different channels but to no avail of having my pocket wifi detected by my devices. 
Also when highlighted on the wifi icon, it says it is "disabled"

Options
2022-10-17 09:33:24

@SuperIdol 

Hi, the settings seems correct but the WiFi icon on the upper right side corner is greyed out which means the WiFi is disabled for some reason.

When you reset the MiFi to factory defaults, please make sure you've hold the reset hole for about 10s until the device reboots and the screen will show "restoring" then "succeed", which means the factory reset takes effect.

However, if the problem still exists after a successful factory reset, I am afraid the device has bee defective, it is recommended to contact the seller where you bought it to check if it is still under warranty. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 3