Deco M4 Low speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 Low speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 Low speed
Deco M4 Low speed
2022-10-15 13:37:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am using Deco M4 with airtel fibernet. Deco is connected to airtel router via ethernet cable. 

I am getting ~300mbps speed if I directly connect to router (via wifi)
On using deco wifi, I am getting speed of ~50mbps download and ~15mbps of upload speed. PFA zip file with screenshot of speeds

File:
Archive.zipDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Low speed
2022-10-15 19:51:05 - last edited 2022-10-15 19:51:49

@CR- 

These are the things I would check first in such situation:

1. It is possible Deco M4 configuration setting throttles speed. See this document and if it applies to your situation: Using QoS feature of Deco

2. If you are unsure or it did not help, you can disable all Deco speed throttling settings by configuring Deco to run in Access Point mode: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

3. If that has not helped either, configure Main Deco in Deco app to only broadcast on 5GHz, to make sure device you use for speed tests is connected on high speed WiFi network:

If above didn't fix the problem, review the following document for more suggestions: Troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 1

Related Articles