How to make the device to connect to the Extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 15:20:01 - last edited 2022-10-25 07:07:48

Hello everyone, I want to ask you if there is a way when I have OneMesh network (TP-Link Router + TP-Link Extender) to choose which device to connect to the Extender itself? The reason I am asking is, because I live in relatively small apartment, however the concrete walls impede the WiFi signal in my bedroom where I have a Smart TV on which I am using a TV App and Netflix, HBO Max etc. so I bought the RE300 Extender and put it between the router and my bedrooom, but the TV keeps connecting to the Router instead to the closer Extender, so is there a way to make the TV connect to the Extender?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to make the device to connect to the Extender?
2022-10-17 21:52:08

Anyone?

Options
Re:How to make the device to connect to the Extender?
2022-10-25 03:00:45

@straightup 

Seem that no way to force connects TV to extender's Wi-Fi in the OneMesh, probably you should use an Ethernet connection instead. 

Or put the router further away from the TV, TV will automatically to WIfi of extender when router's signal strength is too weak to stay on.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 2

Related Articles