EAP110 loosing speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP110 loosing speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP110 loosing speed
EAP110 loosing speed
2022-10-23 19:29:59
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I am managing 3 Omada EAP100 APs in my local highschool, and they are controlled by Omada Software Controller where i configured universal SSID and Portal for them. My problem is that one AP is getting 100Mbps (full speed) as negotiated speed and every other is getting only 10Mbps. Can you help me solve this problem?

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP110 loosing speed
2022-10-24 08:50:49

@DusanPeric 

Hey

From experience, this is usually caused by the cable going to the AP and not specifically the AP itself.   If one or more of the 8 inner wires in the network cable is broken it will drop down to 10mbps

Try plugging one directly using a new cable and see if the issue disappears

What switch do you have these connected into and what cable are you using?  (cat5e etc)   If your switch is managed, you may be able to force the port speed to 100mbps rather than AUTO

Options
Re:EAP110 loosing speed
2022-10-24 22:16:05

@Philbert Thank you for your answer. It can be that cable is broken somewhere, but I don't have a tester. I think we have an unmanaged switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 356

Replies: 2

Related Articles