Can't Download or Update Apps from Google Playstore, or Update Chromecast OS when Connected to Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't Download or Update Apps from Google Playstore, or Update Chromecast OS when Connected to Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 14:18:48 - last edited 2022-10-24 14:20:00
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20220401 Rel. 57404

First, the topology of my connection:

Provider Router - AX10 - Clients.

I noticed start from Sunday, 24 October 2022 all download from Google Server is stuck on loop until it timeout and failed. My Chromecast OS, Google Play Store Apps in update or downloas new apps can't be downloaded.

However, the internet is fine. Browsing, download anything as long as not Google-related apps or OS right from Google's Server is fine. No settings changed from purchase in April, and afaik no router OS update this last few months.

I tried connect directly to ISP router and it is fine. Another router connected to this AX10 is giving same problem too, so my conclusion is AX10 is the problem.

Things I did:

Restart router

Change default DNS to Google's

Change wifi's security

It doesn't solve the problem (obviously bc I dont change any settings from the start, so I think that's not the problem).

Any solution? Thank you in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't Download or Update Apps from Google Playstore, or Update Chromecast OS when Connected to Wifi
2022-10-25 09:11:31

@Thox88 

What is the WAN connection type on the AX10, Dynamic IP, or PPPoE?

How about the MTU settings? Try to change the MTU size to 1420 or 1400, then reboot the router and check for the downloads.

Options
Re:Can't Download or Update Apps from Google Playstore, or Update Chromecast OS when Connected to Wifi
2022-10-25 23:52:30

@Paris_lly it's Dynamic IP. I try to change the MTU but still same problem persists.

I notice some apps stuck at certain percentage, or pending and not downloaded at all. Play-Store not updating, everything from Google is stuck unless I connect to ISP's router or mobile data.

Strange, could be from Google's end problem.

Options
2022-10-26 08:01:08

@Thox88 

That's really weird. You may try factory resetting the AX10 and connecting it back to the internet with the basic settings, I would suggest not modifying any other settings on the AX10, just set it up for the basic internet connection, then check if the Google downloads or updates will work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 3

Related Articles