Archer C6 does not turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 18:38:30
Tags: #Troubleshooting
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1[20201208-rel52296].bin

Hello,

I have Archer C6 (EU) Ver: 2.0 with official tp-link firmware which was updated last time in 2021.

A few days ago, router stopped providing wifi as well as wired internet.

• Wi-Fi: after the reboot no wifi LED, the Wi-Fi network no longer appears;
  • LAN: after the reboot no wan or lan led, network cable at PC side is seen as connected, but no IP provisioning.

LEDs on router after the powed on of router:

• 1 second : all leds are ON.
  • 2-6 seconds : only power led are ON.
  • 7-17 seconds: power led and WPS led are ON.
  • 17 second and further: only power led are ON.

What I tried to do: When the router is ON: Pressed and held the reset button for more than 10 seconds. It did not help, the router behaves the same after that.

Please help, what other solutions are there?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 does not turn on
2022-10-24 23:03:39

@MrJJ 

The FW version you mentioned is a beta release.

Here's the latest official (EU) FW release for Archer C6 v2 - v1.3.7 Build 20220613

Aside from that, there are two options:

1. Your router died - there's nothing you can do except buy a new one.

2. Your router's power adapter died - use a spare or a new one to exclude this option (12/1A).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-10-25 10:40:17

@terziyski 

Yes, I used beta release of FW due to 2.4G band issue described in https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/165494?page=54

Power adapter works well. I also tried this router with another one which works for sure.

Does it make sense to try tftp recovery as described here? https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/196280

An interesting point: I can no longer return the router to the seller under warranty because 2 years and 3 months have passed from the date of purchase, and the warranty is valid for only 2 years.

Options
2022-10-25 10:56:50

@MrJJ 

Probably it makes sense to try that, since your device is out of warranty, power adapter is working (as you stated), resetting the device doesn't make any difference and you have no other option.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 3

Tags

Troubleshooting
Related Articles