Poor wifi speeds off wifi adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-27 00:14:44 - last edited 2022-10-27 00:15:58
Model: Archer T600U Nano  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently moved house and when setting up our new internet plan got a new router Netcomm CloudMesh Gateway and Satellite, my old wifi dongle couldn't pick up the new router signal so i purchased the T600U Nano, when plugging it in it receives very strong signal from the router but download speeds are very slow. Association speed sits around 50Mbps and speedtest is lucky to get 10Mbps down. Other laptops and phones using built in wifi receivers gets 100Mbps+ typically in the same location on a speedtest. A laptop in the same location using this dongle gets the slow speed but when using the inbuilt is much better. I've done all the troubleshooting so far i can think of uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, installed drivers in safemode and more. I bought a second dongle of a different brand and its having the same issue. Im assuming its something to do with the communication between the dongle and the router but unsure how to check that and/or change it. Both the router and the dongle are dual band.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 0

Related Articles