ER605 and OpenVPN server - no user/password?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-29 05:49:30
Tags: #openvpn
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is the OpenVPN server implementation on the ER605 (standalone mode) limited/missing?  I don't find a way to enter a username or password...

Is that normal or has TP-Link dropped the ball again like with the inability to stealth all ports.

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 and OpenVPN server - no user/password?
2022-10-29 09:07:55

@words 

openvpn will be adding the support to enable username and password in the near future release. 

stealth port thing, I remember it's been fixed on v1? v2 not yet? but think that'll be fixed as well soon. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-11-01 04:17:42

@Tedd404 

Thanks, could you be more specific on the timing on the "near future release"? Is that by December 2022, December 2023...etc? Are you a TP-Link employee?

The stealth thing so far has been fixed in "beta" firmware on the v2; I'm not a fan of beta firmware but in this case forced to run it for this reason.

Thanks!

Options
2022-11-07 06:25:14

@words 

no.

stealth port thing was reported on the forum before. and there was a pinned thread of that. at that time, the fix was provided by a beta update. i once came across that. if you don't find it, it should be removed from the pin because the official firmware release note has mentioned that. i came across that release note as well.. it rings a bell. 

controller release note has mentioned the support of username and password

as well er7206 new firmware has been out which means the er605 should be soon. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-11-07 15:55:22

@Tedd404 

So yes, the stealth thing for the ER605 v2 was fixed *only* in beta firwmare. The latest firmwae for this HW is this: ER605(UN)_V2.6_2.0.1 Build 20220223 / Published Date: 2022-03-22, which does NOT include the stealth fix.  Am I misunderstanding, or are you saying there has been a released non-beta firmware with the fix?

"controller release note has mentioned the support of username and password

as well er7206 new firmware has been out which means the er605 should be soon"

Good to know, how does one get an alert/email that new FW has been released? Is it possible?

TY

Options
2022-11-08 09:23:12

@words 

hmmm tplink does not support subscriptions for firmware update news. 

i was once using Visualping to detect the changes on the page. 

but not really helpful. maybe I used it in the wrong way. you can try it out. you can get free monitoring for several pages.

for the stealth issue, you can probably contact support. not sure if there is a fix for your version. but all i know is there was a fix for that. v1 should be free from this issue now(not sure). 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1196

Replies: 5

Tags

openvpn
Related Articles