Archer GX90 and Virginmedia Hub 5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 12:51:57
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 20220228 rel 60482

Hi, I have an ArcherGX90 in AP mode connected to the Virginmedia Hub 5 via a powerline adaptor.

The Gx90 is upstairs and the Hub 5 downstairs.

Both work well but you have to manually switch between them. As a default it connects to the hub 5. If I'm downstairs or outside I need to manually pick the GX90.

Is there a way to get them both running seamlessly so i don't have to manually change?

Does the GX90 need the same ID and password as the hub 5?

Or do I have to go back to having the hub 5 in modem mode and GX90 in wireless router mode?

Our house walls are solid brick (internal and external). The Hub 5 is located in my office at the front of the house. I want to get a decent signal in the rear garden

but couldn't with the GX90 plugged directly into the router - too many walls i think.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer GX90 and Virginmedia Hub 5
2022-10-31 22:15:21

@steveblurton 

"Is there a way to get them both running seamlessly so i don't have to manually change?

Does the GX90 need the same ID and password as the hub 5?"

Seamless roaming can be achieved using a mesh system (video).

In your case (using GX90 in AP mode) - when the VM Hub 5 wireless signal is weak enough, it wil switch to the stronger wireless signal of GX90 (video).

That's the reason why you have to switch to the stronger wireless signal manually.

You don't need to set the GX90's SSID and password the same as on your VM Hub 5 - your phone will act the same way even if they are.

Here are some general advises about placing your devices for optimal performance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 1

Related Articles