Internet Speed diffence between DECO APP and SPEEDTEST APP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 16:22:55 - last edited 2022-10-31 19:58:04
Tags: #Interned Speed
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello All:

First of all, sorry about my English as I'm writtig from Brazil... :)

I recently instaled the DECO M5 at my house, and I noticed that the speeds between the DECO APP and the SPEEDTEST APP are hugely different.

I have a 1GB Internet speed, and o the DECO APP it shows aproximatelly 950 MB Download and 95 MB upload, which seem fantastic, however, when I run the SPEEDTEST APP Internet speed test, it shows 150 MB DONWLOAD only, on my PS5, connect via wi-fi to the DECO, it show a 70 MB DOWNLOAD SPEED.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I put the Internet Routed from my Internet provider on BRIDGE mode to avoid this discrepancies? 

Thanks for your help! :)

Juan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet Speed diffence between DECO APP and SPEEDTEST APP
2022-11-02 00:16:32 - last edited 2022-11-02 00:21:33

@juan.lisanti 

With Deco M5, you should expect up to 450Mbps WiFi speed when connected to Main Deco and about half of that, 225Mbps, when connected to Satellite Deco. Using WiFi5. In almost perfect conditions: proper Deco nodes placement, low WiFi interference from neighbors, and so on.

If in Deco app you have Test Internet Speed show 950Mbps download, it means wired link from Main Deco M5 to the Internet is good. Test Internet Speed in Deco app tests speed of wired connection. It should be close to what your ISP promises you.

Putting router to bridge mode would not change anything.

What I suggest you to do is turn off 2.4GHz on Main Network, to make sure you smartphone and PS5 is connected on fast 5GHz band (WiFi5). Example:

If that does not improve WiFi speeds, you'll need to tell me:

1. If your smartphone and PS5 wirelessly connected to Main Deco or to Satellite Deco;

2. How many Decos do you have in total;

3. What is brand and model name of your router;

4. Are you using speedtest app from Ookla or different speed test app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 1

Tags

Interned Speed
Related Articles