Change of internet provider

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-01 18:34:06
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there. 

Sorry but I am not very tech savvy.  My daughter set up our Deco network last year and it has been brilliant.  Today, we have changed internet provider.  Do we need to change that somehow on the Deco network?  I feel we should be putting the new internet details in to the existing Deco network, so that the network is connecting to the tv's etc?  I hope this makes sense?  Caryn

Options
4 Reply
Re:Change of internet provider
2022-11-02 06:37:03

@Aunty_Caryn24 

Yes, after connecting the Deco to the new ISP, you need to go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4. Here you could change the old network network details to the one you have got from new ISp.

Options
2022-11-02 06:57:43

@Heidi_Alp 

Hi there. Thanks for your reply..

Sorry but how do I connect the Deco to the new ISP? I unplugged everything, and set up according to new router instructions,  then switched the Deco back on. Should I do anything else?

Followed your instruction and got to this point. Screenshot attached.  What next? 

Caryn

File:
Screenshot_20221102-064902_Deco.jpgDownload
Options
2022-11-02 07:15:39

@Aunty_Caryn24 

Click "Dynamic IP", then on the next page, you are able to put the new internet details.

Options
2022-11-02 09:22:50
The ' obtain dns automatically ' was on. Does that mean its done?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1327

Replies: 4

Related Articles