ArcherC5400X has abysmal range after a power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 02:23:36
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20191223 rel.73956

Recently our home had several power outages due to a storm. After the power returned, I noticed the range of our Wifi has dropped drastically. After just around 10 feet away from the router, it loses all connection. I saw similar threads about this but the problem was not resolved.

I've tried everything. I did soft resets, changing channel, channel width... transmit power is high. I powered down the router and disconnected it for a minute and reconnected it. Still the same issue.

Lastly, I tried to do a full factory reset. After everything was set up again, still the same issue. Is this router just fried now? I had it plugged into a surge protector as well.

Internet connection through the wired connection on the router works just fine. But Wifi is really bad now.

Hardware is only 2 years old and firmware is updated to the latest.

Options
2 Reply
Re:ArcherC5400X has abysmal range after a power outage
2022-11-09 22:44:32

I realized the firmware update check was not actually finding the latest firmware. I updated it to:
1.1.3 Build 20211222 rel.4234

But still the exact same result. I can't walk 10 feet away from my router without the bars dropping to 1 and my phone telling me internet might not be available. I literally lose 1 bar of Wifi every 3 feet I walk away from the router.

Options
Re:ArcherC5400X has abysmal range after a power outage
2022-11-11 01:06:21

Since this has dropped back 3 pages and other newer posts have gotten answers, I'm going to assume this means the hardware is damaged and there is no fix for this.

Really expensive paper weight because it couldn't handle a power surge from my home's power turning back on, even plugged into a surge protector? Won't be buying tp-link products in the future.

Options