Can I connect each Deco M9+ to an Ethernet port to get a better mesh network at home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I connect each Deco M9+ to an Ethernet port to get a better mesh network at home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-11 05:05:20 - last edited 2022-11-12 23:30:13
Tags: #mesh

HI Guys...an extension of my earlier question here

Moving to a new house with three Deco M9+ units.

Expect to use TP-link AX1500 as the main router/switch to connect with the ISP, and the Deco in AP mode.

And I just found out a few of the Cat5 outlet in a few rooms, and there is a switch board that I suppose I could setup wire connection from my core switch to the room.

I wonder if its possible that I wire each deco to one ethernet port to form the mesh?  Is that going to give me much better connection with one single wifi AP across the house?  Or would that cause something called a network loop?

Sorry that it may sound like a stupid question to many, but I just thought having deco to backhaul with each other wirelessly is not as efficient as each of them getting their connection via wire from the wall?

Am I making any sense?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I connect each Deco M9+ to an Ethernet port to get a better mesh network at home-Solution
2022-11-12 14:40:46 - last edited 2022-11-12 23:30:13

@my2108 

Wired Satellite Deco perform better than wireless. It is recommended to wire Satellite Deco if you can.

In AP mode, you can wire them practically any way you want, to any available Ethernet port on your home network.

The topic of Ethernet backhaul is discussed here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I connect each Deco M9+ to an Ethernet port to get a better mesh network at home-Solution
2022-11-12 14:40:46 - last edited 2022-11-12 23:30:13

@my2108 

Wired Satellite Deco perform better than wireless. It is recommended to wire Satellite Deco if you can.

In AP mode, you can wire them practically any way you want, to any available Ethernet port on your home network.

The topic of Ethernet backhaul is discussed here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I connect each Deco M9+ to an Ethernet port to get a better mesh network at home
2022-11-12 23:30:26
Thank you Alex as always
Options