Viewing devices connected to Deco through switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 16:53:08 - last edited 2022-11-14 15:02:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello community,

This is probably a duplicated, however I was not able to follow advices in other thread.

I have a unoperated switch connected to Deco and then another switch connected to the first switch:

WLAN -> Parent Deco -> Wired Switch -> Wired Switch

Now, I want to assign a static IP to one of the devices connected to switches, however I don't see it in the list. Also I don't see any option to assign custom IP using mac address, only selecting a device in the list.

In the configuration of the IP addresses, I can see 21 IP addresses assigned, but only 13-14 clients in the list, so I feel that these 7 devices are the ones I'm looking for.

What is weird, that some switch-connected devices are visible in the device list, but some are not.

Are there any options to find those devices or assign custom IP using MAC? 

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Viewing devices connected to Deco through switch-Solution
2022-11-14 14:55:12 - last edited 2022-11-14 15:02:21

@Selik 

Let's check two common things first, and if they won't help I can offer you another test/workaround you could try.

It is possible this is an issue with older version of Deco firmware. Please find what firmware version is on your Deco M5s. In Deco app open More/Update Deco and after a brief moment you'll see what it reports. Would help if you make screenshot of that screen and share in here.

You do want to assign static IP to these devices, but is it possible they already have static IP addresses configured in them? If device is configured with static IP on device, not through Deco app, Deco mesh won't see it. For types of devices you listed it is common for people to configure them with static IP addresses on device, and in some rare cases such type of device does not even allow dynamic IP configuration. 

What you need to do is verify your control panels and cameras are configured with dynamic IP address allocation: "request IP address from DHCP server."

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Viewing devices connected to Deco through switch
2022-11-12 19:36:32

@Selik 

I wonder why do you have an exclamation mark on the screenshot: it is usually a sign that something is not right. 

What is firmware version of your Deco M5s?

How many Deco M5 do you have in total? Any of them wired to switches other than Main Deco?

Is it possible that you have more than one DHCP server on your home network?

Can you tell what are these devices connected to switches you don't see in the list: PC, laptop, etc.? Any one of them is portable, that you can carry with you from place to place?

What is your Parent (Main) Deco connected to: router, modem? What is its brand and model name?

Options
2022-11-14 10:39:44

@Alexandre. 

The exclamation mark is there because I have one registered deco, which is not connected to power outlet :)

I have 5 total Decos, none of them use switches except of Main one. I also don't have any DHCP servers except of Deco's one.

The devices I not see are:

• control panel for boiler
  • control panel for cameras
  • cameras

None of them are portable and they are connected to the network via ethernet & switch.

I assume some of the reserved IPs are used for Deco themselves, but still those numbers do not match

Parent deco is connected directly to optical network unit, nothing is there in between.

Options
Re:Viewing devices connected to Deco through switch-Solution
2022-11-14 14:55:12 - last edited 2022-11-14 15:02:21

@Selik 

Let's check two common things first, and if they won't help I can offer you another test/workaround you could try.

It is possible this is an issue with older version of Deco firmware. Please find what firmware version is on your Deco M5s. In Deco app open More/Update Deco and after a brief moment you'll see what it reports. Would help if you make screenshot of that screen and share in here.

You do want to assign static IP to these devices, but is it possible they already have static IP addresses configured in them? If device is configured with static IP on device, not through Deco app, Deco mesh won't see it. For types of devices you listed it is common for people to configure them with static IP addresses on device, and in some rare cases such type of device does not even allow dynamic IP configuration. 

What you need to do is verify your control panels and cameras are configured with dynamic IP address allocation: "request IP address from DHCP server."

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-11-14 15:02:15

@Alexandre. 

you're right! I managed to get to the cameras and controlling block and indeed they had a static IP assigned. Once I reconfigured them to use DHCP, they showed up in the list and I assigned them static IP through Deco!

Now I need to find a way to do the same for boiler control panel and check there. The only difference in behaviors is that cameras and their control panel weren't working before the change, while boiler panel still works, which is weird. Anyway, much appreciate the help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1257

Replies: 4

Related Articles