Deco X20 some suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-14 19:24:19 - last edited 2022-11-14 20:55:38
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 build 20220401 rel 63997

I but today a Deco X20 system (3pcs).

So i ask some suggestions to set properly:

1 - i have in my house a modem/router with many devices connected in lan... so is better tha deco is set as Router or AP ?

2 -  there is the possibility to call wifi 2.4Ghz with a nameX and wifi 5.0 Ghz with a nemaY ?

3 - Is possible use config trough web page and not with phone...i try ip of my deco (router) but nothing load ?

4 - why when i search to load a image of my profile i received a warnig that the phone or tablet is offline

while i am connect without problem ??

Thank

Hispa

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X20 some suggestions-Solution
2022-11-14 20:33:30 - last edited 2022-11-14 20:55:38

@Hispanico 

I can give you answers for your first three questions.

1 - i have in my house a modem/router with many devices connected in lan... so is better tha deco is set as Router or AP ?

I would recommend setting Deco as AP. If you have many devices it makes sense to offload network management (IP address allocation, blacklist, etc.) to router and have X20 provide WiFi coverage only.

2 -  there is the possibility to call wifi 2.4Ghz with a nameX and wifi 5.0 Ghz with a nemaY ?

Yes, there is. As long as you don't need Guest Network, you can use it to split WiFi bands, just like I did at my house. Example of WiFi configuration:

Note "Isolated From Main Network" at the bottom - turn that off like I did for my home network and all devices on Guest and Main network can talk to each other.

3 - Is possible use config trough web page and not with phone...i try ip of my deco (router) but nothing load ?

Deco configuration is done through the app. There is Web interface, but it is to view logs, CPU load, RAM utilization and do manual firmware upgrade. Not for configuration.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 some suggestions-Solution
2022-11-14 20:33:30 - last edited 2022-11-14 20:55:38

@Hispanico 

I can give you answers for your first three questions.

I would recommend setting Deco as AP. If you have many devices it makes sense to offload network management (IP address allocation, blacklist, etc.) to router and have X20 provide WiFi coverage only.

Yes, there is. As long as you don't need Guest Network, you can use it to split WiFi bands, just like I did at my house. Example of WiFi configuration:

Note "Isolated From Main Network" at the bottom - turn that off like I did for my home network and all devices on Guest and Main network can talk to each other.

Deco configuration is done through the app. There is Web interface, but it is to view logs, CPU load, RAM utilization and do manual firmware upgrade. Not for configuration.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco X20 some suggestions
2022-11-14 21:04:39 - last edited 2022-11-14 21:35:41

@Alexandre. 

thank perfect

1 - Yes agree with you i set as Ap and rotuer/modem i left only for lan (so i disable wifi on my router)  correct ?

2 - Ah understand so in this way...setting in guest network "off" Isolated From Main Network...there are 2 identical network but one 2.4Ghz and one 5.0Ghz...so i can select and also see which network phone, shelly network or other use

3 - SOLVED ...  after set Deco as AP i see ip and i can connect trough web page to configuration

4 - SOLVED...when i set Deco X20 in AP i can set my image :-)

Thank again mate

Hispa

Options
Re:Deco X20 some suggestions
2022-11-14 21:43:49

@Hispanico 

Yes, disable wifi on your router and you are all set. Router will manage network, Deco X20 will provide WiFi coverage.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 3

Related Articles