Choosing a deco mesh device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-18 02:50:42

Hi all

I would like to enhance my network system in my home.

I'm not sure on which deco devices to buy, and looking for the recommendation.

I'm using Fibre services, and only 100mbps.

I want to purchase a good but not a very high spec devices where some of the technologies or specification I will never use.

Any recommendation?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Choosing a deco mesh device
2022-11-18 08:55:14

@SWYN_5-3. Go to tp-link's website, then home> Whole home wi-fi and choose whichever suits you among the Deco Mesh routers.

My recommendation would be Deco E4.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2022-11-18 13:41:07

@ImtiazAli Thank you for the suggestion.

I was doing research on Deco E4 and M4.

It looks like Deco M4 is much more better than Deco E4.

The ethernet port for Deco E4 is 10/100 Mbps

I search online and it means supports both 10 Mbps (megabits per second) and 100 Mbps data transmission rates.

But I'm not sure like how will this affect. It looks like it affects my speed right?

And since it mentioned ethernet, does it affect my WiFi as well?

Options
2022-11-18 14:29:28 - last edited 2022-11-18 14:30:21

Newer laptops might support wifi6, but most devices are mostly wifi5 with a lot that is wifi4 only.

The more recent wifi level the more expensive the routers are, going for wifi6 routers will cost more than wifi5 ones currently.

Do ensure that your internal network can run at speeds higher than the ISP, so if the ISP provides 100Mbps, your should have 1Gbps (in case you want to cable the routers or the ISP gives you more speed).

Taking all the above into consideration, maybe get enough wifi5 routers to provide a good coverage and, when wifi6 is more spread and routers cheaper, then upgrade, it will probably cost less to go for wifi5 now and upgrade in a few years to wifi6 (cheaper and more performant by then), than buying wifi6 routers now?
Myself I have Deco M4, these fulfill all of what I mentioned.

Options
2022-11-19 04:09:41

@SWYN_5-3. Yes, the only difference between Deco E4 & M4 is that the lan ports on E4 are 10/100 Mbps, whereas M4 has 1 Gbps ports.

10/100 Mbps means you'll get 100 Mbps as max speed when you're connected to the router via Ethernet.

And no, it'll not affect your Wi-Fi speed.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options