"No Internet" message in Windows but have full internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-18 12:30:21
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

Hi all - bit of a strange one.

Been using M9 for a year or so and it's great for coverage in large house (3 nodes). However, I consistently get wifi status of "Connected No Internet" or "No Internet, Secured" even though there is access sometimes with the status icon showing disconnected. This has been an annoyance but not necessarily a problem.

However, work laptop (Lenovo T14) has moved to full MSFT platform including Company Portal (Store) for apps, O365, etc. Because Windows (10 Enterprise 21H2) is a bit thick, it looks at the wifi status and from that will determine if you can access services e.g. Company Portal. Scenario;

- connected to WiFi with "Connected No Internet" and I can access Internet, O365 (locally replicating) but can't access Company Portal

- connected to WiFi with "No Internet, Secured" and I can access Internet but not O365 or Company Portal

- connected to Ethernet (plugged into remote node) and same as above

I have tried guest network, all combinations of VPN on/off - I can't uninstall VPN to test as I have to get it from Company Portal !! I have tried (I think) every 'suggestion' Google can think of to tweak IP, registry, etc but nothing works (or sticks). If I connect to mobile hotspot, it works - but only a 'tactical' solution when I need to access Company Portal

Any suggestions greatly welcome frown

Options
4 Reply
Re:"No Internet" message in Windows but have full internet access
2022-11-18 15:27:41 - last edited 2022-11-18 15:27:56

@Maxi99 

If your Main Deco connected to ISP router/gateway (not just modem), consider switching Deco mesh to Access Point mode. That will remove all content filtering and antivirus features from Deco mesh, anything which could impact connectivity. Perhaps, that will help. For how to do that see How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

I have set of Deco M9 Plus running my Deco mesh for about 2 years now, in Access Point mode from the beginning, never had this issue with any of devices I connect wired or wirelessly to Deco.

Options
2022-11-19 18:32:07 - last edited 2022-11-25 10:29:16

A lenovo T14... one with an intel wifi 6 AX201 wifi card?
If yes, I had my quota of issues with it before summer with similar issues to yours, nothing I read to try to fix this or any driver updates/rollbacks fixed it.
And the T14 was the only device with issues connecting.

My solution ended up forgeting my wifi connection, then connect but manually define the IP (one within the range of the mesh wifi), gateway and DNS.

As soon it connected, reserved the T14 IP/mac address (done thru your deco app) to lock that IP to my T14 always.

Since doing that had no more issues, connects every time now and stays connected.
Maybe a new driver fixed this but I don't recall any new one, this is a just bad wifi card on windows.

Options
2022-11-21 11:04:23

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the reply. It has always run in Access Point mode

Options
2022-11-21 11:07:15
Hi - thanks for the reply. Yes - T14 with the intel WiFi card. I have already tries setting as fixed IP but using the same address as DHCP assigned. I'll try again but use a completely new & unused address. AFAIK, all drivers are latest from Microsoft / Lenovo.
Options