ISP Load - Latency drops dramatically after disabling IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-18 15:30:54
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello

I had IPv6 Pass-Through enabled on the WAN and LAN on the Omada SDN Controller. My network topology is shown below.  My ISP / router does provide a valid IPv6 prefix delegation and I was able to verify IPv6 connectivity without issues.

However, after I disabled the IPv6 I saw that the latency dramatically dropped on the ISP Load graph in my dashboard. I have made no other change to the network and I can confirm that the drop in the graph happens just at the time which I have made the configuration change on Omada SDN Controller.

Any ideas to the reasons behind it?

Network topology

Options
1 Reply
Re:ISP Load - Latency drops dramatically after disabling IPv6
2022-11-22 05:46:26

@LucianoR 

As far as I know, this section of ISP Load is logged based on the results of online detection (at least that's what their agent says), and your problem is probably caused by the front-end modem not replying to DNS.
You can go to the Details screen of the gateway, Echo Server there and manually change to ping a public IP.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 1

Related Articles