Bset position for others deco X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-20 06:43:02
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 Rel. 63997

I have a deco X20 pack (3) and I would like to know which system or app maybe android I can use to check the best position where to put the other two decos

Thank 

Hispa

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bset position for others deco X20
2022-11-20 13:39:25 - last edited 2022-11-20 13:40:55

@Hispanico 

When you deploy WiFi mesh satellite nodes, and this is applicable to any brand not just Deco, you must position them to satisfy two criteria:

1) They provide good WiFi coverage where you need it;

2) They have good link to WiFi mesh.

For checking WiFi coverage from Deco nodes, I would recommend installing WiFi analyzer on your smartphone. This app will tell you WiFi signal strength from Satellite Deco at different places of your house. My preferred is WiFiman from Ubiquiti. You can find it in both Apple and Google Android app stores.

To run proper test, stay at place where you want to check WiFi signal strength, turn off/on WiFi on smartphone to force it get fresh readings, and see in WiFiman what it reports. The signal strength will be reported in negative dBm, and below is recommended values for different types of Internet activity.

To check if Satellite Deco has good link to Deco mesh, open that Satellite Deco page in Deco app and look for Signal Source. Depending on Deco app version you'll see one of those two:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satellite Deco should be placed where Signal Source has at least two blue bars, or Good or Fair Signal. Anything worse than that means Satellite Deco is too far from Main Deco.

You must check that for each Satellite Deco you have.

Options
Re:Bset position for others deco X20
2022-11-20 15:52:40 - last edited 2022-11-20 16:49:39

@Alexandre. ...PERFECT thank and good sunday

Hispa

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 2

Related Articles