Portal setup -> provision -> short interruption of EAP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-20 08:49:33 - last edited 2022-11-22 08:31:04
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.4 Build 20211021 Rel. 57494

Hello ! I have several EAP 245's, with Omada Controller on Raspi 4 (2GB), so far going well. I have three SSID's, say, A, B, C, on three VLANs and three subnets. Now, I would like to set up the portal for B when nobody is there, but on C there are almost always several users. I'm wondering, if I activate the portal on B, EAP's would go into provision, and it might then interrupt the internet usage for C  for a short period of time ? I'm asking because with Unifi AP's it's the case. If so, I would try to find an opportunity with the least amount of traffic on C and get it done as quickly as possible.

I would appreciate your hint !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Portal setup -> provision -> short interruption of EAP?-Solution
2022-11-22 08:12:25 - last edited 2022-11-22 08:31:04

@doremifajb 

I was also interested in the issue you raised and tested it locally and found that when you assign the Portal settings to a particular network on the controller, it does not affect the other SSIDs.

At least I didn't see an interruption during my continuous pinging.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Portal setup -> provision -> short interruption of EAP?-Solution
2022-11-22 08:12:25 - last edited 2022-11-22 08:31:04

@doremifajb 

I was also interested in the issue you raised and tested it locally and found that when you assign the Portal settings to a particular network on the controller, it does not affect the other SSIDs.

At least I didn't see an interruption during my continuous pinging.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Portal setup -> provision -> short interruption of EAP?
2022-11-22 08:30:58

@Virgo Thank you very much for your hint ! Now I'm relieved. I wasn't even able to test it by myself, because it's really hard to find a good time because of the users on C !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 2