TP-LINK Wireless USB adapter can see neighbours wireless networks but not my own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-LINK Wireless USB adapter can see neighbours wireless networks but not my own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 05:35:28
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I had a look through the community to see if this had come up before and couldn't find anything, so hopefully I am not repeating something that has already been resolved.

I have a TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Mini USB Adaptor Product Code: TPTLWN823N.  I got it a few months ago for a PC that didn't have an internal wifi card and when I used it a few months ago it worked fine.

After being put away for a couple of months, I have brought it back out again to use on another computer only to find that while the adapter seems to be working, it refuses to show my wireless network, while showing all of my neighbours networks instead, it even shows my google speaker.

I have tried the USB adapter on three different computers with the same result.  Other devices connect to my home wifi fine.I've checked the settings of my Telstra Gateway router and it looks like it should be compatible with the adapter.

Any thoughts?  I have completely run out of ideas :-)

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Wireless USB adapter can see neighbours wireless networks but not my own
2022-11-28 10:40:38

@asmallerboat 

Since 823N supported 2.4ghz only, have you ever checked whether your main router also kept 2.4ghz enabled?

You could also try to change the wireless channel to 1/6/11 if possible.

Options
Re:TP-LINK Wireless USB adapter can see neighbours wireless networks but not my own
2022-11-28 11:49:03

@Heidi_Alp 

thank you for the quick response! I can confirm the router did have 2.4ghz enabled. But changing the channel from auto to channel 1 has worked!

Thank you! 😊

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 2