LAN ports not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAN ports not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LAN ports not working
LAN ports not working
2022-12-03 14:44:30
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 2.1.6 Build 20220128 rel.15823(4555)

Last night, without any action I did, my Archer AX-20's LAN ports stopped working. 

Devices which are connected to the router using wired connections stopped working. 

I did upgrade the router's firmware last week. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:LAN ports not working
2022-12-04 02:16:33

@BugoK 

The FW upgrade is not likely to be the reason for your issue. Unplug all LAN connected devices, reboot the router and start plugging them one-by-one to check if any of these causing an issue.

If that doesn't help - reset the router to factory defaults and re-configure the router from scratch. Then test again. If that doesn't help either, claim your warranty.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:LAN ports not working
2022-12-04 07:10:39

@terziyski Thanks!
I think that I was wrong before, and it's not the router. 

What happens is that my streamer isn't able to get connectivity using Ethernet, but it does through WiFi. 

I tested the streamer with another ethernet socket - works -> it's not the streamer

I tested the streamer with the same socket - with another cable -> not working -> it's not the cable. 

I connected a laptop directly to the router's LAN socket - works. 

I think it's something wrong with the cabling. Will need to look more into this. 

In any case, I'm pretty convinced that it's not the router. (I did however installed a different firmware, reset to factory-settings as I was looking into this). 

Thanks for your response! I should have tested better before testing. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 750

Replies: 2

Related Articles