samsumg devices with android installed on it connect to router but not to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

samsumg devices with android installed on it connect to router but not to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-04 13:34:46
Model: M7650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

seems like we have a recurring topic in NL, I can share link other forums with users posting similar challenges if appreciated

after setting up the tplink 7650, everything works smooth (all devices connect to router and most devices also reach internet) except for connecting the samsumg devices with android installed on it. they are connected to the royter, can access the router but cant reach the internet

the url that was added shows there are several users having this issue

please talk us through the steps needed to fi and I will also share it in other forums

Options
5 Reply
Re:samsumg devices with android installed on it connect to router but not to internet
2022-12-06 12:02:28

@s644617 

Hi, may I have screenshots of Status page and Advanced->Dial-up->Dial-up Settings page of your M7650?

And the other devices that are working fine are non-android devices, right?

May I know who the ISP is? and did you ever test any different SIM card in the M7650?

Options
Re:samsumg devices with android installed on it connect to router but not to internet
2022-12-06 21:05:59

@s644617 

Hi, may I have screenshots of Status page

Here you go

and Advanced->Dial-up->Dial-up Settings page of your M7650?

As requested

And the other devices that are working fine are non-android devices, right?

Confirmed. One is a Windows PC (all smooth there).
also 3 Iphones all connect without any issue

The android devices also connect to the router, can access the router but do not reach the internet

May I know who the ISP is?

We have a simcard with unlimited data subscription from

They leverage the network of the best Dutch provider (being KPN)

i am not allowed to add an url so see this screenshot

and did you ever test any different SIM card in the M7650?

Nope. We really bought this sim card especially for this device.
hope the info provided can get you and us on the trail to finding a solution for our android devices as well

Options
2022-12-06 21:08:33

@s644617 

online you can find other users having the same problem:

Options
2022-12-07 10:40:49

@s644617 

Hi, based on your status page, there is no IPv4 address obtained from the ISP, only IPv6 address, please go to Advanced->Dial-up->Dial-up Settings page, click Create to create a new profile manually and set PDP Type as IPv4 only to see if it solves the problem.

Note: For the other settings in the profile such as APN etc., you could use the same settings as the default profile.

Options
2022-12-07 20:25:41

@s644617 

GOOD NEWS; this worked

before closing this threat, please let me/us know what the implications are of now having IPv4 only...

is this slower... is this less secure....

and should we try to change it back to both V6 and v4

thanks in advance for elaborating on this

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 5