Faulty lights on the RE450?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 14:46:38
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a RE450 and have never been able to get the 5GHz light to come on.  I was under the impression that the 5GHz band was not being extended until I learned how to use Tether, changed the names of the extended networks to something unique and discovered that I could link specifically to the 5GHz extended network using my Laptop.

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this phenomenon.  I’m guessing it’s just a problem with the bulb as the Power light also doesn’t look particularly bright.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Faulty lights on the RE450?
2022-12-07 06:08:57

@Stephen33 

RE450 is a dual-band extender and you could get internet from its WiFi when either 2.4ghz or 5ghz is successfully connected to the main router. In another way, the 5Ghz of RE450 is getting internet service via the 2.4ghz bridge between RE450 and the main router. So I think the 5ghz light is not broken.

In order to connect 5ghz of the main router, you could try to change the wireless channel on the main router, like using channel 40 or 48 if possible.

Options
2022-12-07 10:22:19

@Stephen33 

Thank you for your response.

Are you saying that data may be flowing between the router and the extender at 2.4GHz before making its way to my laptop at 5GHz?  If this is the case then I suppose we should only expect the 5GHz light to be on if it is receiving data from the router at that speed, regardless of how quick it may be capable of transmitting the signal.

Have I understood you correctly?  It still doesn’t explain why the power light should be off.

Options
2022-12-07 10:22:56

@Heidi_Alp 

Thank you for your response.

Are you saying that data may be flowing between the router and the extender at 2.4GHz before making its way to my laptop at 5GHz?  If this is the case then I suppose we should only expect the 5GHz light to be on if it is receiving data from the router at that speed, regardless of how quick it may be capable of transmitting the signal.

Have I understood you correctly?  It still doesn’t explain why the power light should be off.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 3

Related Articles