Device not found Archer AX55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 19:03:54
Tags: #TetherApp
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

This device was working fine until 05 Dec - suddenly it stopped.

I had to reset everything

Now, the Tether app refuses to connect to the router

The scan barcode to connect is not allowed in app and it forces you back to wifi settings

Im connected to the wifi WITH network - but have no way to connect to router

http://tplink.net does not work - tried 100 times

Archer AX55 is on compatibility list for Tether app...but previously I had to use the AX6000 when selecting router to connect to app - as other general devices returned same problem - not found. Now nothing works.

App is on Android 3.8.6, the lastest

Anyone know how i can get back into app/router? I have it setup as a router from separate modem - so all lights are green (except internet) as thats from modem. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device not found Archer AX55
2022-12-06 23:57:43 - last edited 2022-12-07 07:06:27

@realmac 

Use a computer to connect to the router with an ethernet cable, connected to one of the router's LAN ports.

Use this guide to determine router's IP address and open it in a web browser - you should see the router's WebGUI page.

After factory reset the default IP address should be 192.168.0.1. Enter your credentials - after factory reset they should be admin/admin.

Once, when you're in the router's WebGUI, you can configure your AX55 WAN settings and restore the internet connection to your modem.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options