TP Extender - just set up, works, but what is the anonymous client?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-07 20:05:32
Tags: #Clients
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello.  I just set up my TP Wi-Fi extender.  All pretty easy.  When I looked at the app though, immediately after setting it up it shows a diagram with MAIN NETWORK > Picture of Extender >CLIENTS 1

When I click on clients is says 2.4 GHz Clients 1 = ANONYMOUS, and shows an IP address and a MAC Address.  

What is this actually showing me?  Is this a device connected to my TP Extender?  or something else?  (As apart from following the set-up instructions, I have not yet connected any of my devices to the extender network). So what is this anonymous client?

Thanks for any guidance as to what this is, and what it is showing me.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Extender - just set up, works, but what is the anonymous client?
2022-12-09 08:02:50

@popsynic 

I think this is a device that is connected to the TP extender 2.4ghz. Now you have the MAC address and IP address, you could check which device it is. I bet it is very likely the device that is used to set up the extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 1

Tags

Clients
Related Articles