Add new wireless network to selected WLAN groups

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-09 16:03:50

Hi,

i have site with 30 devices in 10 groups. When i make new WLAN group i can copy to it all networks from another group, but when i create new wireless network i can do it only in one group. Did i miss something? Or i have to move it to feature request? It have to be simple, when i create new wireless network (or delete, edit existing) i choose WLAN gropus  in which this network should work. Now i have to make 5 times the same network, to make it work in 5 WLAN. The same if i need to delete it, or even worst if i need to edit it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Add new wireless network to selected WLAN groups
2022-12-12 15:53:18

@sirwiz 

This has been on my wishlist for a while.   The solution I am sugesting is to implement Site-Wide SSID's instead of WLAN Group SSID's.

When you create/edit a WLAN group you would pick from the premade site-wide SSID's.  Then you can make changes to an SSID and it would propogate to all WLAN groups that SSID is assigned to.

Options
Re:Add new wireless network to selected WLAN groups
2022-12-12 16:28:35 - last edited 2022-12-12 16:30:31

Its simple when you have the same network name. But I need to change names and password often, so i will not remember which network is attached to which AP, and i do not want to have all networks on all AP.

I create feature request: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/592078

Options