Connect Printer To Guest Network While Remaining Isolated From The Real Network. Possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect Printer To Guest Network While Remaining Isolated From The Real Network. Possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-10 00:45:02 - last edited 2022-12-12 14:18:21
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hello,

We have an Archer AC 1750 C7 router V4 & would like to use a Canon wireless printer with Airprint. But, we'd like to keep the printer off the main "real" network that we use for banking & stuff. (We wish this for security. We do this with televisions & other IoT items.)

I'd connect the iPad to the Guest network and connect to the printer which will also be on the Guest Network. Then, print via Airprint to the printer from the iPad.

The glitch is that I cannot figure out int he Router Settings how to let the printer be on the Guest Network while keeping the printer off the main network.

Is it possible?

Thanks for helping,

Paul

PS: I apologize for the wrong model numbers in the boxes above the post. Out model is not listed so I chose any one that would let me post.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connect Printer To Guest Network While Remaining Isolated From The Real Network. Possible?-Solution
2022-12-10 02:02:23 - last edited 2022-12-12 14:18:21

@PGB1 

Guest network is a wireless network, so if you connected your printer wirelessly to the guest network you can isolate the guest network:

If you connect your printer by an ethernet cable to the router, then it's not in the guest, but in the main "real" network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Connect Printer To Guest Network While Remaining Isolated From The Real Network. Possible?-Solution
2022-12-10 02:02:23 - last edited 2022-12-12 14:18:21

@PGB1 

Guest network is a wireless network, so if you connected your printer wirelessly to the guest network you can isolate the guest network:

If you connect your printer by an ethernet cable to the router, then it's not in the guest, but in the main "real" network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connect Printer To Guest Network While Remaining Isolated From The Real Network. Possible?
2022-12-10 12:36:58
Thank You Terziyski for taking time to reply with good,helpful information. To be sure I have it correctly, I would leave "Allow guests to access my local network" NOT checked. Did I get this correct? Thanks Again, Paul
Options
Re:Connect Printer To Guest Network While Remaining Isolated From The Real Network. Possible?
2022-12-10 13:56:06

@PGB1 

Yes, that's correct. You can even restrict the guest devices to see each other if you need to by uncheck the upper setting.

Options
2022-12-12 14:19:17
Thanks Again Terziski. I appreciate your help & will connect the printer like you showed. Paul
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 338

Replies: 4

Related Articles