DHCP and customisation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP and customisation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP and customisation
DHCP and customisation
2022-12-11 17:28:47
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

I have two questions;

I read the forum that there can only be one SSID for the home network. This is a big inconvience, some smart devices does not like 5g network, even though it is advertise as both it is not working great. I tried to use the guest network which can set to 2.4g however the dhcp is not customizable. This is big pain as the DNS setting is inherited the setting from the main dhcp pool.

The design is so bad, the ip address from the guest network can't connect to the ip address that is on the lan, so any local lan DNS can't be accessed....

Flaw in design please help to fix.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP and customisation
2022-12-11 20:46:36

@Zulu123 

With Deco mesh consisting of M5s, you should be able to configure which band your smart devices will connect to on dual-band Main Network. You can even configure which Deco unit that smart device should connect to, making sure it always connects to the nearest Deco.

See this document, scroll down to "Part 2. Select a preferred signal source for a client device.": How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Options
Re:DHCP and customisation
2022-12-12 07:40:14

@Alexandre. 

Thanks, I see this feature and have used the band steering. Did not notice this feature before. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 2

Related Articles