Satellite node to main Deco/router only connecting over 2 bands instead of 3 on a tri-band system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Satellite node to main Deco/router only connecting over 2 bands instead of 3 on a tri-band system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-16 01:23:13
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220530 Rel. 38621

Hello, I am wondering if anybody else is facing this same issue. I recently purchased a Deco X68/X3600 which is a tri-band mesh system.

I have 2 satellite nodes connected to the Main deco which is connected to the modem. After I reboot the system, i see that both the satellite nodes are connected to the Main deco using all 3 bands: 2.4GHz, 5GHz_1 & 5GHz_2.

However after about a day or 2, when I go to the Deco app and look, it now shows that both the satellite nodes are connecting to the Main deco over only 2 bands, 5GHz_1 and 5GHz_2. I am unable to understand why they wouldn't show the 2.4GHz band in there.

All 3 Deco's have a mix of 2.4GHz and 5GHz end devices able to connect successfully. I just want to understand why the satellites won't stay connected to the Main deco using all 3 bands and if there's any disadvantages that I am yet to discover.

I have run the Network optimization option in the app and it says everything looks good. Please let me know if I can provide any other information which will help with this issue. Thanks!

Options