Cannot Log In to Archer C2300 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-17 00:25:12
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Cannot Tell

My router has stopped allowing me to log in. When I click on the "Log In" button, I get the "please wait" animated icon for a few seconds, then it just stops. For what it's worth, if I try using a different password it does inform me "wrong user name or password." And I evidently successfully changed the password once. Perhaps multiple attempts caused it to lockdown any log in attempts; if that is the case, how long does the lockdown last? Do I simply have to do a hard reset, or is there another option? Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Log In to Archer C2300 Router
2022-12-17 07:05:53 - last edited 2022-12-17 16:38:55

@mkoenecke 

You can try using another browser or an incognito/private tab of the current one.

If nothing helps, hard reset should be the last resort - in this case you have to re-configure the router from scratch.

This router state could be due to many reasons - to reset the router hold the reset button for more than 5 seconds when it is turned on.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-17 15:15:40

Tried both of those: same result. Any idea why it's locked up like this?

Options
2022-12-25 19:24:57

For what it's worth, I actually was able to log in the other day, just once. It then reverted to prior behavior. I guess I really need to just do a hard reset and reconfigure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 3

Related Articles