Deco M4(v4) sitting on congested 5Ghz channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-19 03:17:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220831 Rel. 71256

Hi,

Recently I've been experiencing quite intermittent WiFi reception, where during some times the WiFi literally loses connection every 5 seconds whilst the deco app is not showing any issues. So of course I did loads of testing regarding the placement of my APs. In total I have 3 Deco's but currently only 2 in use since the third deco is giving too much interference (due to close distance to each other). So looking at the WiFi channels I've been noticing that my deco network is literally sharing the same channel with some neighboring Deco networks (channel 2 on 2,4 GHz and channel 36 on 5 GHz).

Now I wanted to move these channels in the range of channel 100-140 (since this is allowed over here and the Deco's never even get close to breaking the maximum allowed strength on these channels. After a bit of research, I found out that this is not possible but annoying as hell since multiple WiFi scans I've performed show that not only the channels are congested but also fully used during these downtime moments, resulting in me losing connection during e.g. meetings. Is there in any way possible to still move these channels to some other channel, since rebooting the deco doesn't make the system even move to other channels within the 36-64 range.

Now I am wondering if there is anything I could to optimize my channel usage on the deco system or do I simply have to deal with it.

Here is a screenshot of channel scan I just performed where the yellow marked lines are some foreign deco WiFi network and the underlined WiFi networks are my own.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4(v4) sitting on congested 5Ghz channels
2022-12-19 13:45:41 - last edited 2022-12-19 13:46:28

@Makaj 

The yellow marked lines must be your Deco nodes WiFi backhaul. WiFi backhaul runs on the same channels as WiFi networks broadcasted by Deco mesh to wireless clients.

It means, excluding your own Deco mesh, there is only one other WiFi network in your picture, and it is ziggo-app-6820834. That network runs on different WiFi 2.4GHz channel than yours, according to your picture.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 1

Related Articles