Deco units and cou load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco units and cou load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco units and cou load
Deco units and cou load
2022-12-19 14:42:25
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, i have general query about x60
Increasing deco units does it increase the CPU load on deco main unit, because it has more tasks to do and to communicate with more units,? Or the load will be distributed, or increasing deco unit distribute cpu load ? Or it will distribute some but some tasks still has to be managed by deco main which will increase the load?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco units and cou load
2022-12-19 16:56:33

@Mm1900 

Do you run your Deco mesh in its default Router mode, or do you run it in Access Point mode? The answer on your question will depend on this information.

More about these two Deco modes: What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Options
2022-12-19 17:36:38

@Mm1900, hello dear, its router mode 

Options
2022-12-19 18:04:07

@Mm1900 

In router mode, the load will not be distributed between Main Deco and Satellite Deco. It is because all network traffic goes through Main Deco.

In addition, Main Deco must manage all Satellite nodes and connections to them, which adds to Main Deco load.

TP-Link recommends to limit number of Satellite Deco wirelessly connected to Main Deco: How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

You can check CPU and RAM utilization on Main Deco. Use its IP address in browser, which should be http://192.168.68.1 if you haven't changed defaults, and login to Main Deco Web interface. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see:

That info is updated in almost real time, no need to refresh web page. Give it few moments to settle down after initial spike and you will see actual Main Deco utilization.

Options
2022-12-20 06:37:11

@Alexandre. Many thanks dear

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 4

Related Articles