Slow Speed in all network X55 Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-21 17:36:30
Tags: #Slow Internet
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi.

I've just bought 3 units of Deco X55.
I've the following set up:

ISP Router ----> Main Deco --wired---> Deco #2 >>> wireless >>>Deco #3

I've a 150M internet connection from ISP plan,

• When I connect to the 5G wireless ISP's router network I get the promised 150M at speedtest com
  • If I connect wireless to the Main Deco again at 5G I get 40M tops (I'm right next to the Deco for testing)
  • Both ISP Router and Deco are next to each other connected by the provided cable, also tested with a different 5e cable

I don't have to say it, but satelites are even worse.. around 20-30M tops. 

I'm testing with a Samsung phone.

Thoughts? Do I have defective units? any posible troubleshoot? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow Speed in all network X55 Deco
2022-12-21 18:33:46 - last edited 2022-12-21 18:34:17

@pepepapa 

Could be issue between Deco and Samsung, if you happened to have A53: New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

If not, the following may help:

1. Disable 2.4GHz band in Deco Main Network and try speed tests again. This is to ensure Samsung is connected on WiFi5/WiFi6 and not slower WiFi 2.4GHz.

2. Make sure your test device shows high link speed, as high as 866 Mbps or higher. Anything less than that means your Samsung is too far from Deco node, or is not connected to the nearest Deco node. How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

3. Switch Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. That will eliminate all bandwidth throttling and content filtering which might be impacting speed tests: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

4. Also, please share list view of your Deco nodes in Deco app, just make screenshot and include it in your reply. This is to verify they are connected through Ethernet and WiFi as you described. Here is an example from my Deco mesh:

Options
2022-12-21 21:26:11

@Alexandre. 

thanks! 

I've disabled the feature "High Priority" for the only device I had prioritized, and that seemed to do the trick.. I'm getting a 120M in 5G.. 

I'm wondering if Priority devices are blocking a bandwidth ? however I was not getting the expected bandwidth in the device.. 

I'll keep monitoring and let you know.. but.. does this mean I cannot priotitize devices? 

Options
2022-12-21 21:38:37

@pepepapa 

In setup like yours I switch Deco mesh in Access Point mode, where device prioritization is not available. You may find that device prioritization feature is overrated in many cases, as standard TCP protocols are designed to share bandwidth between devices reasonably fair.

I can't answer your question about how device prioritization works in Deco, but it is indeed quite possible that it carves piece of bandwidth you allocated for priority device and does not allow others use it, even if priority device is idle.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1597

Replies: 3

Tags

Slow Internet
Related Articles