Fowarding config from Tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-24 11:24:55
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: No ides

Had to guess / put random info in the hardware/firmware section... as the **^^*. Tether App on iPhone does not show that

But, my question.

is there a place within the app to configure port fowarding?

Generally in the past with other routers I leave most ports like 22 closed, and only access the router remotely and open for SSH and fowarding, when I need to SSH to one of my servers 

can't seem to find it in the Tether App.  

TBH .. I do not think it is there, but before I off the app as being a waste of space, thought it best I check

Options
4 Reply
Re:Fowarding config from Tether app
2022-12-25 04:00:57

@NeilPaisnel 

For port-forwarding you should use the router's WebGUI. This application gives a good start for quick router setup, but advanced users looking for more detailed settings will have to use the web interface anyway.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-25 09:21:22

@terziyski 

That is damn annoying.

It is already setup via webgui, I just need to re able it when out and about mobile.   As I said I like to keep it closed until I need it, and the only time I ever need it is when I am out and about... in a different country.  
Wish I had never bought this ^*^ router now.  Never had a router before with such a poor remote access.

it has become my standard practice for many years to use remote router access, turn on/ off the port(s) I need then turn them off again, or point the incoming port to a different server, as needed.  Cant use the WebGUI from a different country....

unless is there remote WebGui Access... or will I now have to set up a local pc and VNC in to it first ? 

Options
2022-12-25 11:08:46 - last edited 2022-12-25 11:09:27

@NeilPaisnel 

There is a remote management:

For more secure access you can configure a non-standard port for HTTP/HTTPS management access.

You can also restrict which IP addresses are allowed to access the WebGUI of the router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-26 08:13:01

@terziyski 

Ooops... that is embarrassing 

Never spotted that ! 
Damn sure I had looked in the past, found nothing and therefore tried the app

Thank You

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1058