Deco M4 signal is weak

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 signal is weak

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 signal is weak
Deco M4 signal is weak
2022-12-25 16:19:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

Recently bought a pair of m4 to extend my wifi connections from living room to my room.

The problem im facing now is im having weak connections from the main deco even though im just two meters away from it, it really frustrates me.

May i know is there any solution for this? or this is a hardware problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 signal is weak
2022-12-25 16:46:59

@XGeez 

You may have defective unit, and you can test that. Install WiFi analyzer app on your smartphone. I recommend WiFiman from Ubiquiti.

Power off Satellite Deco. Stand about 2 meters (6 feet) from Main Deco. Turn WiFi off/on on your smartphone to force it take fresh readings. In WiFiman, check signal level for WiFi 5 and WiFi 2.4GHz SSIDs from Deco. If signal is weak, you may have defective hardware.

For the reference, while standing 2 meters from Main Deco and with little WiFi interference you should see signal in the range from Perfect to Excellent:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2867

Replies: 1

Related Articles