M7350 MiFi. Devices connect to internet perfectly OK. But App on iphone says device not connected.!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M7350 MiFi. Devices connect to internet perfectly OK. But App on iphone says device not connected.!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-26 13:09:59 - last edited 2022-12-26 13:12:15
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I think I have configured my M7350 for the SIM and service provider O.K. I am using, (I am in Italy not that I think that matters..)

I am connecting to the Internet perfectly fine using my iPhone 12, my desktop and Laptop. All connect and work fine. (hence sending this message.)

The correct number devices connecting is shown on the MiFi screen too and of course the data usage reports the live data traffic too. (see attached no. 1)

BUT..  When I use the 'tpMiFi' App on my iPhone is says the device is not connected. and gives me the standard, restart , try switching off mobile data try x try y etc..

(see attached no. 2)

I removed and reinstalled the latest app from Apple's App store and I even restored the MiFi to factory settings and reconfigured again, thinking I did something wrong, but still I am connecting to internet Ok, but cant access the device.

I am keen to connect to it, so I can read the SMS messages that show on the small MiFi screen having arrived to the SIM, especially as one will be a code for a payment promotion for the SIm card too.

Of course I can remove it and take the other SIM I use for calls etc from my iPhone, read the SMS and then put both SIMs back again, but I am, curious if there is setting I can change etc or every time an SMS arrives I will need to be swapping SIM cards etc.

Any help or experience you can pass on I would be grateful to receive.

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:M7350 MiFi. Devices connect to internet perfectly OK. But App on iphone says device not connected.!!
2022-12-27 08:17:54

@Sharky007 

Hi,
Please refer to the steps below to troubleshoot:
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link device wirelessly.
2. Turn off the mobile data on your phone in case it is using mobile data
3. Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
4. Reboot the TP-Link device or restart the App and try again.

Options
Re:M7350 MiFi. Devices connect to internet perfectly OK. But App on iphone says device not connected.!!
2022-12-27 11:39:13

@Sunshine 

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

And I suspect my initial question was too long and you might not have read that I had tried all of what you have suggested.

I connect to the M7350 absollutely no problem and can use the internet via using it, on my iPhone 12 pro, desktop and laptop. All work fine.

I have mobile data turned off on my phone, in fact I have tried both processes, ie turning Mobile data off and then connecting to it and also connecting to the Mifi and then turning data off. And there is no VPN on the phone but I am grateful for you mentioning to check as I hadn't thought of that previously

neither has solved it.

I have rebooted the device numerous times and again mobile.disktop/laptop etc all connect easily again and get access to the web via the device no problem and they all show as connected but I still get the error in the tpMifi on my iPhone showing as though the device is not connected.

The two images I sent are :-

1) the M7350 screen showing a number 2 i.e. my PC and mobile connected

2) The error I see in the iPhone tpMifi app even when it is connected and data is flowing ok.

The problem I didn't elaborate on previously, is even though you can see the number of  text messages that have arrived are shown on the MiFi screen, the messages are not on the SIM they must be in the device so taking the SIM from the Mifi and moving the SIM to another phone doesn't mean I can read the texts, They simply do not show if the SIM is in another phone, but still show when I put the SIM back in to M7350.

To me it looks like the issue is solely with the part of iPhone app concerned with being able to connect to the device to read it for settings or in this case SMS etc, rather than any problem with internet connection, which works is fine.

Sorry if I was vague previously.

I hope that is clearer

Options
2022-12-28 09:09:23

@Sharky007 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

1. To check the SMS, please try to login the web interface of the MiFi device via tplinkmifi.net or 192.168.0.1, then go to SMS function page to see if you will be able to read the SMS.

2. For the App issue, please check if the local network permission for this App is enabled on your phone. To enable the local network permission, please go to iPhone settings -> tpMiFi app and enable this permission. If you can't see the local network permission option, it should be already enabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 3

Related Articles