Mixed Lan and Mesh Network with Managed Switched and Deco Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-27 04:01:28
Model: Deco   TL-SG1016DE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I presently live in Tenerife..... I have a 600 MB fibre optic from Movistar. Until recently my setup was simple....

One cable to the main home office which ran from ISP router to Home office. From there I have 4 other CAT6 cables going to living room 2 bedrooms and a lounge area.

The main cable ran from back of ISP Modem to the home office and then via unmanaged tp-link switch the other 4 network cables were connected to the router. In the other 4 rooms, i had 4 small unmanaged tp-link switches. Which each of the cables were plugged into from the main router in home office.

I also had an Orbi Mesh system for wifi devices and all ran very well.

Beginning of December one of the Orbi satellites bricked..... So I decided to replace it and upgrade all my switches...... I choose TL-SG1016DE as my main router (in home office) and 4 TL-SG108E smart switches for the other 4 rooms.

The DHCP was controlled by ISP router (192.168.1.1.) with range of 192.168.1.30 -200.

All that went well and IPTV boxes, XBoxes and PS 5 all ran well. It was my intention to separate all the different equipment out later using the switches using VLAN. But for the moment left everything simple just to get things up and running.

I then added the 3 piece AX1800 Deco X20 system. The main one is plugged into the main router in the home office, another one is in the Living room (connected to the small switch, and the other in the back bedroom which was plugged into the small switch there.

I set it up as per instructions and everything worked great with wireless devices and was very impressed.

However, since then, I have noticed PlayStation dropping connections (directly linked via cable in the Living room to the small switch, the IPTV stuttering and freezing and dropouts and speed problems throughout intermittently.

Being a network noobi..... I found that only my ISP router and the main switch and my iMac connected to the main switch were on the 192.168.1.30-200 range. Using lP scanner, it confirms that.

The deco X20 units are on a different ip range than main lan and noticed they were giving out IP addresses on a range between - 192.168.68.200 - 192.168.71.250

Looking at the Deco App the small switches do not show up as being connected to them and doing IP scans does not reveal any of the small tp-link routers.

Can someone please explain what I have done wrong? Explain how I should set it all up properly? What should I do re the IP adresses etc etc OR point me to a video showing me how to do it.

All and any help would be greatly appreciated. But please try and tell me as simple as possible

I should also explain if I use the IPTV box and play station on neighbours LAN they function perfectly. I have also tried giving IPTV box and the Playstation fixed IP numbers in the ISP router range AND the Deco Range and it makes no difference.

All help will be greatfully appreciated and get me back in the good books of the wife who cant watch her TV programs. lol

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mixed Lan and Mesh Network with Managed Switched and Deco Mesh
2022-12-27 12:29:16

@Sparkybear 

You should configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. That will fix most, if not all, issues you described. See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Options