Deco M5 and Ring Doorbell - Does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-28 19:28:36 - last edited 2022-12-28 19:30:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

I purchased an M5 Deco system earlier this year along with a Ring Doorbell Pro. From the very start, I was unable to setup the Ring Doorbell - it simply gives me an 'unable to join network' error every time I try to setup the Ring.

I have tried all of the many suggestions online (creating a separate 2.4 only guest network, turning off roaming and beamforming, resetting the Ring, hard power resetting the Ring) etc. I figured I would wait for a few firmware updates to see if things ever improved but sadly, even with the latest FW there has never been a change in the setup...I get the same 'unable to joinn network' error every time.

My Deco is setup in AP mode and all other options have been turned off. Other devices on my network seem to work without issue (even other Ring devices). It is only the Ring Pro Doorbell that has never connected.

Any new (late 2022) tips for getting this thing to work with a Ring doorbell?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and Ring Doorbell - Does not work
2022-12-28 19:37:13

@Sah123 

You can run two more tests:

1. Set Guest network with 2.4GHz, very simple SSID such as 123456 (digits only) and without password, and see if Ring doorbell will connect to it. If it does, the issue is with the SSID/password you used or WiFi security settings, try different ones.

2. Power off all Satellite Deco, leaving just Main Deco. You now have single WiFi router Deco M5 instead of WiFi mesh. Try same as test 1 (Guest Network, 2.4GHz, no password). If that still does not work, google for "Ring Doorbell Pro can't connect to WiFi router." You now have general connectivity problem on your hands, not Deco mesh specific.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 1

Related Articles