Wired connections ethernet ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-29 18:11:58 - last edited 2022-12-29 18:28:38
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have just installed this, and WiFi seems ok.

However, none of my devices connected to the ethernet ports work.

My windows PC shows the network icon as a globe (so no network detected), no network on my wired skyq box.

All the ports are all flashing white LED at the back of the deco

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Paul

Edit:

Seems like this Deco doesnt like fixed IP addresses.

Changed my PC to a dynamic IP, and the wired connection was detected.

Is there any way to get this router to work with fixed IP's?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wired connections ethernet ports
2022-12-29 19:30:06

@Hawkerpaul 

Here is how to configure fixed IP address with Deco: How to configure Address Reservation with Deco

Options
2022-12-29 19:48:48

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the reply.

The reason my pc wouldn't connect when plugging in the ethernet cable was because it had a fixed IP of 192.168.1.xxx. changing it to a dynamic IP meant it went over to a 192.168.68.xxx address (which I discovered later) so the ethernet/fixed ip problem was a bit of a red herring.

I'm surprised that the deco setup has defaulted to this non standard IP range, as this caused me quite a few problems with my existing devices. Eg. My NAS drive was fixed, which meant I couldnt even log into it to change it's IP address as it was on a different ip leg of the network so I had to unplug it and move it to my pc to plug it directly into my network card in order to change it over to a dynamic IP address.

If the deco defaulted to 192.168.1.1 on initial setup with a client IP range of 192.168.1.xxx then I wouldn't have got any problems, so I find this a very strange default indeed.

Options
2022-12-29 19:55:09

@Hawkerpaul 

You must have had a Router before you bought Deco. What did you do with it: have you replaced it with Deco or have you just connected Main Deco to your old Router?

If you tell me this, I may be able to give you recommendations for network configuration.

Options
2022-12-29 20:00:11 - last edited 2022-12-29 20:01:09

@Alexandre. 

Yes my old router was 191.168.1.1 like every other router I have ever used before.

I disconnected my old router and replaced it with the deco, and went through its setup which for some reason defaulted to 192.168.68.1

So the deco has never been on my network with another router

Options
2022-12-29 20:04:14

@Hawkerpaul 

My Hitron ISP Router came with 192.168.0.* IP range and is reachable by 192.168.0.1.

If Deco is your network router now, you will have to redo your home network configuration. The fact is, Deco will ignore static IP addresses set on devices. Because of that, you may find IP address conflicts eventually.

You will need to change your NAS and PC and so on static IP addresses to dynamic IPs and go through Deco IP Address Reservation process I shared with you. That may be annoying, but it is one time setup.

Options
2022-12-29 20:10:03

@Alexandre. 

I've changed all my fixed IP devices to dynamic now anyway, so I'll just have to get used to them all being on .68 and not .1 as I can't be bothered changing the deco ip range to .1 now that it all seems to be working.

Just seems strange to me that it defaulted to this .68 IP range.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 370

Replies: 6

Related Articles