Deco S4 - half the speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco S4 - half the speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco S4 - half the speed
Deco S4 - half the speed
2022-12-30 09:44:23
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Cut a long story short, I've had Decos S4 ( 3 pack ) for a while now and it worked well... or so I thought.

Although the wifi signal was much stronger throughout the house, I've never really paid much attention to the speed ( was on a slow connection anyway ).

Now I've moved to a Vodafone 500mb fibre ( UK ), I've noticed that the Deco's put out less than half the speed of what the Vodafone router does.

Specifically, At the same distance the Vodafone will put out the full 500mb whilst Deco's regardless of which one will not get over 250mb and mostly sit at around 80 - 150mb.

Deco is set up in AP mode, and wifi on Vodafone router turned off ( other than testing ).

Any suggestions with how I could achieve better speeds please?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S4 - half the speed
2022-12-30 13:33:32 - last edited 2022-12-30 13:34:26

@Patrick050289 

Now that your wired speed is very close to what WiFi5 wireless can realistically deliver, your Deco mesh may be hitting its hardware limitations or Satellite Decos need better placements.

Your Vodafone router, quite possibly, supports WiFi6 and that may explain why it can seamlessly deliver faster speeds.

To see what can be possible to squeeze from Deco S4 mesh, please do the following:

1. Power off all Satellite Decos and run multiple speed tests on wireless device in close proximity to Main Deco S4. You should be able to reach speeds at about 400Mbps-500Mbps under normal conditions. Let me know best results you've got.

2. Power back on Satellite Decos, make screenshots of Show Map and Show List in Deco app and add it to your reply. Here are sample screens from my Deco mesh, please provide same from yours:

Show Map

Show List

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 1

Related Articles