HomeShield Pro required for some basic stuff - Why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-02 10:40:04
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

@TP-Link @TP-Dave 

On the Deco X50, I've noticed that some basic security features required you to pay for HomeShield Pro

Why must we have to pay for Intrusion Prevention and Web Blocking as this should be basic for all routers

Parental Controls - This you can only see for current day, you can't choose week or month and you can't look at previous days unless you pay further.

These features come as free on other routers by other manufacturers, so why are they chargeable on TP-Link products. I appreciate that you have to run the services, etc but the first couple of years should be at least free, especially for the price of the units and not only get 1 month free

ie: £200 for the system, then £50+ a year for HomeShield Pro makes these devices more expensive than other brands

Without this, users are probably stuck with a less secure system running in router mode than a normal router from their local isp or they need to run the devices in AP mode and use their ISP's or another router to do all the security.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HomeShield Pro required for some basic stuff - Why?
2023-03-12 21:36:50

@mirdragon 

i 100% agree with this. I feel we really need to make more noise about this especially as my understanding is that the previous homecare is now free?

Options
2023-03-13 05:47:57

@mirdragon Totally agree. When i bought my Decos X55 I had no idea that I need to pay for that angry

Options
2023-04-23 13:57:25

gtaugh wrote

@mirdragon 

i 100% agree with this. I feel we really need to make more noise about this especially as my understanding is that the previous homecare is now free?

@gtaugh I know the homecare was free for 3 years on my deco m5 setup, but didn't know it was now free permanently.

I don't think we should have to pay extra for basic security and configuration

My deco's have been regulated to run in AP mode so my router now does all the security, 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 3

Related Articles