Deco X60 Backhaul Via Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-07 16:50:24 - last edited 2023-01-07 17:04:31
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

I have just added 2 X60 to my network and I want to use the backhaul feature from the Main Deco to another using Powerlines. I know the powerline adapter must support IEEE 1905.1, but do TP Link make any that support this? I've checked the spec on all and checked with support, but can't see any of them do

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Backhaul Via Powerline
2023-01-07 19:33:46

@CUK0724 

Choose TP-Link brand and those adapters from it that have single Ethernet port. Powerline adapters with Multiple Ethernet ports have less chances to be compatible. Make sure you buy powerline adapters set from the place with return policy.

I also had success with powerline adapters from Zyxel band. Same rule applies: both adapters must have single Ethernet port on them.

Options
2023-01-07 19:58:26

I've managed to borrow 2 TP Link TL-PA4010 and they are working OK despite not showing IEEE 1905.1 in the spec. The backhaul from 2 X20 is working fine to the main X60.

That's all good, just now got an issue that I can't see most of the wired clients. I know there are a couple of threads about this and beta firmware to resolve the issue, but the X60 are on the latest which is much higher than the beta.

Options
2023-01-08 16:51:55

Just to give an update. I had issues with some wired clients not showing in the app. Both the X20's and X60's are on the latest f/w version.

Rebuilt the network today and taken the Virgin Media Hub 3 out of router mode and set as a modem. This has resolved all the issues. With it in router mode and some clients wired directly to the hub, they don't show in the app. Wired the clients to a switch and they do (sometimes) show OK. After setting as modem mode, all is now good.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 478

Replies: 3

Related Articles