Different ping response time on different devices connted on the same Deco M9+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-09 13:25:00
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 Build 20220823 Rel. 17172

I have my macbook and iphone both connected on the same deco m9 via 5G channel but the ping response time on these two devices are very different.

The ping response time on iphone is stable whereas ping may spike high periodically on macbook.

It took me weeks to figure out the root cause but in vain. Anyone knows what the root cause may be?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Different ping response time on different devices connted on the same Deco M9+
2023-01-11 08:45:50

@reysu47 

Hi, You could try to turn off "Mesh Technology" for MacBook on the Deco APP.

I have seen An Apple expert's comment about the unstable ping on Apple devices and here is the link if you are interested:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/97805

Options
Re:Different ping response time on different devices connted on the same Deco M9+
2023-01-11 09:34:26 - last edited 2023-01-11 09:35:29

@Heidi_Alp 

Thanks for your advice. This morning I noticed there is an old post discussing about  iCloud backup may impact wifi performance.

Thus I turned off the iCloud sync on MacBook, and also downgraded the firmware from 1.6.0 back to 1.5.6, it seems help so far: the ping spikes are still there, but with lower frequency. I will keep monitoring whether it is really improved or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 225

Replies: 2

Related Articles