Orbi CBK752 modem + router or keep my modem and get TP-Link XE-75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 08:53:53 - last edited 2023-01-17 09:30:02

I’m not necessarily stuck between just these two options, I currently have a Netgear CM1000 modem that seems to be doing just fine and a Netgear Nighthawk R7800 wifi router that’s not working out for my house.

Admittedly, my modem and router is in the worst place in my house, it’s at the end of a rather long and narrow house and I get poor performance at the other end of my house (webpages and videos are slow to load, or hang until I disconnect from wifi, but the wifi connection doesn’t drop). I find myself having to reset the router more than I would like as well.

My robot vacuum seems to interfere when it runs too.

I don’t really want to hassle with running Ethernet or MoCa, so I figure some kind of mesh setup is the best alternative.

I have cable internet with a 500mbps down plan. I primarily just browse the web and use various video streaming services, but I also have some smart light switches/outlets and cameras on the periphery of the home, a wifi connected car charger, and soon some solar equipment which is as far away from my router as you can get in my house.

I like the idea of simplifying my network equipment and using a modem/router combo, but not at the expense of stability or connection performance.

Frustratingly, the middle of the long house has no good place to plug in a repeater/mesh satellite. It seems to me that the satellites will be either wastefully close, or a bit further than I would like, so I’m hoping whatever I buy has good range between the satellites. If so, I think I can get by with 2-3.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Orbi CBK752 modem + router or keep my modem and get TP-Link XE-75
2023-01-18 08:15:41

@Josha 

Hi, if there is no 6ghz compatible client, compared with XE75, I think WiFi 6 Deco, such as Deco X50/X55/X60 is more suitable for 500m/s bandwidth.

Deco is also a home-use router and I think a single unit would have the same wireless coverage as Nighthawk R7800, and the recommended WiFi radius is about 20-30ft. How much coverage are you expecting from a single Deco? If you have 2 or 3,  since Deco supports wireless Backhaul, a connection like:

ISP modem router combo---cable----main Deco>>>2nd Deco>>>3rd Deco, I think it could reach the other end of the house.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 1

Related Articles