Need Help with VPN/Firewall Router Network Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-19 11:52:24

I recently purchased a Zyxel VP50 VPN/Firewall router and when I attempted to run my existing network through it, it can't seem to see my WiFi router: I'm hoping someone can tell me there's a way to reconfigure my WiFi router as like an access point or something so that I can still run a WiFi network without investing in additional hardware: right now it looks like I have a great deal to learn about how all this hardware interacts and that my TP-Link WiFi router is not going to be compatible in this configuration?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need Help with VPN/Firewall Router Network Setup
2023-01-19 18:48:22

@JackTo 

Connecting a VPN/Firewall router before your existing TP-Link router, probably led to Introducing a double NAT in your network.

To overcome this and use your existing TP-Link router as a wireless AP only you can follow this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 191

Replies: 1

Related Articles